Frustrating day today, I'm just short tempered and in a bad mood.
Holly was in an OK mood this morning, but she was just grizzly again this afternoon, she wouldn't bloody sleep. She'd sleep on me, I'd put her down and 20 mins later she'd be awake. Just frustrating. She likes parsnip though!! hates advocado (don't blame her myself!).
The tax man came this afternoon to do last years tax. Looks like I'm going to get a bit of money which will be good with the settlement coming and the rate at which we are going through money at the moment. I'm actually really worried about money. I'm no longer getting my maternity pay, the baby bonus is going to stop soon, I don't qualify for carers payment yet cause Holly is too young, all income from me into the house is stopping, and we have to afford a move and a new house. I know we'll be OK in the long run, but its just a worry at the moment.
I know I'm treading on thin ice here cause I really don't want to offend anyone, I know there are people reading this now and I really love and value their support, but I need to vent. I put this blog in place for me to vent and talk about Holly's life and get things off my chest. So here goes.
In the last week I've had four separate people ask me stupid questions about Holly's condition. Its just so annoying. I know I'm in a bad mood tonight too so my tolerance level is just not there, but I find it really frustrating. I know that some of the people have been told what she is going to be capable of, yet they ask questions along those lines. Maybe I'm relying on this blog too much. I feel like I'm putting it out there so its up to others to read it and I don't want to answer peoples questions. I guess thats not fair on them cause they are concerned about us, I'm just frustrated today cause I don't want to talk about it. When will the questions stop?
I know this is coming out all wrong. I know I'm in a bad mood. People ask questions cause they care about me, I'm just annoyed today.
I made a mountain of phone calls today. had to organise the stupid bank for the house loan. They are frustrating too - in fact I think it was them that put me in a bad mood this morning. L and I have joint accounts but the statements are addressed to me. I don't know why, they just are, it just must have been the way things were set up originally. We have applied for the house loan in L's name, but there isn't a statement that has his account details and his address on it stating that his pay goes in. Its the same account number, we have the same address, but because it doesn't have his name on the statement, they won't accept it. We had to ring our bank, change the statement and get them to fax a copy through to us. because we've done all that today, it means that we are not going to meet our 14 day finance clause, so I had to ring the real estate agent and the conveyancer to ask for an extension on our clause. All this extra stuffing around just for the sake of one piece of paper that has exactly the same information as we've already given them! Then I got a huge big parcel of papers in the mail from our conveyancer with forms I need to fill out and sign. I hate financial stuff, because I don't understand any of it, it stresses me out. I just get frustrated and want to throw it at a wall. There is a page in the paper work that is states that I am the vendor and they are the purchaser - correct - but the form wants me to put down on it a) how much the original loan on this house is, b) how much we owe on it now, c) what the interest rate is and d) what our monthly repayments are. All this I think is fair enough information for my conveyancer, BUT, this particular form needs to be signed by the purchaser. Why on God's earth would the purchaser of this property need to know what my personal finances are??? They don't need to know how much I owe or what my repayments are. GGGGRRRRR, I'm so annoyed at having to do all that. I just consider that information private, it is not information I wish to share with strangers who happen to be buying the house.
Rang the dentist and made an appointment. Rang the doctor and made an appointment. Rang the psychologist and made an appointment. Put the official application in for my 12 months leave without pay for work.
Tomorrow we've got 9am physio, 1pm maternal health nurse and 4pm X-ray of Holly's hips.
just a long and frustrating day today, bad mood, need to have a hot shower, a milo and get into bed. Sleep and wake up in a better mood tomorrow!
Hey Prue - I'm not sure why you can't get carer payment. I've never heard of anything to do with them being too young to get it. We got it since Naoh was a newborn. Are you getting carer Allowance?? I would be checking into that.
ReplyDeleteWe've just gone through major hassles with the bank with trying to get our house built too - such a pain. I know how you feel.
As for the questions - we STILL get people asking stupid questions - people that should know the answer if they decided to spend anytime with us or Noah. Those who care will know the answers and will stop asking. Those who really don't care or don't know how to deal with it will ask dumb questions all of Holly's life Im afraid :)
I stayed up until 1am on Sunday night and read all the posts on your blog Prue (I didn't know about it until you mentioned it in your Sunday FB status update). Thanks for sharing.
ReplyDelete