So we've bought a house!
I have never signed anything to the value of half a million dollars! Wow, its such a lot of money, I'm glad we made a lot on the house we are in.
So I've been absolutely flat out with all the house stuff and L going away with soccer. He left this morning and I won't see him until Tuesday (except when he's in the middle of the pitch tomorrow night!). I'm going to be so proud of him, he's actually made it onto the international stage. Its been a boyhood dream of his to referee at the international level and he made it. I admire him so much. Very few people actually achieve their life goals. I'm also nervous for him. I hope he doesn't make any mistakes. I know he is nervous.
I've got so much to write I just don't know where to start. I feel like if I start on a topic I'll want to write for ages on it, but its already past my bedtime and because L isn't here if Holly wakes up I have to get up. I need to put myself to bed but I'm torn cause I know I want to write.
I'll write a bit about the house and then go to bed.
SO I'm please we got it. We'd actually been looking at it on the internet for a number of weeks cause it was up for auction but we hadn't sold ours so I wasn't getting excited about it. I knew we weren't going to be in a position to buy it at the auction so I'd sort of put it out of my head. Then I found out it got passed in at the auction so I was a bit excited. We went to the open for inspection on the same day as ours and we both really liked it. Its in a great street, a very kid friendly neighbourhood, its next to an easement that leads to a park and its at the end of a dead end street so no through traffic. The block is flat, there are openings rather than doorways so it will be easier to get a wheelchair through and its about 10 minutes away from my parents. Every single box that we were looking for has been ticked. My dad doesn't think its very good value for money, he thinks we can get something in a bit better condition that needs less renovations, but we want to stay in that estate and we want to stay closer to L's parents.
We haven't told a lot of people about buying the house yet. I'd prefer to wait until it becomes unconditional, but I've also decided to wait and see how long it takes for people to contact us. I know there are friends who haven't rung us yet and I'm sort of using this as a gauge. If they don't ring or get in contact before we move, then I'm going to write them off. People have been funny like that, even some family. People we were close to who just don't bother coming down to see us or even ring to see how she is. They wait for us to update them rather than them asking us. It really doesn't hurt to pick up the phone!
I was talking to my counsellor about this the other day when I was there. I think that its other peoples way of coping. They don't know what to say and they feel uncomfortable so they'd rather say nothing. They don't get that saying nothing actually feels just as bad. L and I are the same people as we were, if they knew me before hand they should know that I'm not shy when you ask a question, I'll tell you the answer. I just think some people don't want to know answers cause then they'll have to deal with uncomfortable emotions - they don't understand that its just making it all about them!!
I'm absolutely exhausted now I've stopped and am sitting down. I'm off to bed. I can't write tomorrow, maybe Tuesday or Wednesday.
No comments:
Post a Comment