Holly was just irritable all day again today. Starting to really do my head in. If nothing else at all, I am learning how to be patient.
We started the day at 4:30am up and feed, went back to sleep at about 6:30 for another hour. The physio came at 9:30, we managed to get a bit of work in, looking at her arms mostly today. Holly's neck and head control is getting better and better. After the physio left Holly was asleep on me, but as has been very typical in the last few days, as soon as I put her down she woke up again. I fed her and tried again to put her down. This time I left her in her bed though for another 20 minutes or so, she wasn't crying, just vocalising as though to let me know she was awake. I had to get her up anyway cause we had an appointment at the maternal health center at 1pm. So we walked down there, saw the nurse - who quite frankly I'll be glad not to have to see again when we leave!, went to the shops and got the mail and ordered the bread for L's birthday party, walked home. She was asleep when we got home, but that only lasted for about 3 minutes cause the pram stopped moving! I fed her again, she fell asleep on me again, put her down again, she woke up again. We went to have her X-ray done so we piled in the car and she slept or the 10 minute car ride but woke up as I got her out of the car. The screamed the house down while she had her ultra sound and X-rays. She just screamed the whole time. Then, as soon as we were in the car, asleep again for the 10 minute car ride home. I felt like just leaving her in the car with the windows down - if it was safer to do so I probably would have. She was warm and comfortable and asleep, but I had to get her out, I tried again to put her in her bed but she woke up again. I just left her there. She screamed for a few minutes then fell asleep. This time she stayed asleep for about an hour. L came home so we managed to at least get dinner on. L has bathed her and she's down now.
I got a phone call from my new psychologist today saying that there is an opening on Thursday. I'm kind of a bit nervous about seeing someone new, but I'm looking forward to setting up a long term relationship with someone. The lady I was seeing was for antenatal and post natal depression, I'm through all that so I want to set up a relationship with someone that is going to get to know our family. Counselling for L and I, and Holly's siblings when they come along. I imagine that this new lady will also have to take us through the grief process at some stage and so I want to have a relationship with someone already established. I want to be able to just pick up the phone, get an appointment and pick up from where we left off, not have to start from scratch. I just hope I get along with this lady. I started at another lady when I had AND and I didn't like her at all. I hope I get along with this one.
I'm having another eye injection in the morning, then I'm off to a group meeting with other vision impaired carers. I'm looking forward to meeting some more people, I just hope they are more like minded than some of the other people I've met at groups. I know that I can get lonely at times sitting here by myself, but sometimes I'd rather do that than be sitting around pretending to like people!
Anyway, another busy day today and another busy day tomorrow, I am really looking forward to our holiday. I just need to get through organising L's birthday party first, then I can relax!
Time for a hot drink, a piece of bun and bed - yum!
No comments:
Post a Comment