Friday, 7 May 2010

Been busy!

We've had a really busy couple of days!
It started with a big rain storm that came through on Tuesday afternoon. I was changing Holly and I heard water dripping. There was water coming from the plaster in the ceiling. We had a mate of L's come over the next day to have a look - turned out the whole section of plaster needs replacing, the insulation has gotten wet and sat on the plaster and its just soaked - the plaster is totally wrecked. NOT what we need right now! L had Thursday off work to fix it and he did a little more today. We've got people here on Sunday for my birthday and mothers day so we'd really like it finished if we could. I think L is putting a fair bit of pressure on himself to have it all looking good.
I emailed my boss the other day to see about having a year without pay. I don't think he'll give it to me, we'll see, I'm just not optimistic about it that's all. He's pretty strict on the policy about having had to apply a year in advance, I'm just hoping he'll consider it that's all. I told him about Holly having hydran, and that a lot of the babies don't live for a long time so I'm hoping he'll consider my situation. L and I had a good talk about it the other night. If Holly isn't going to be around for a long time I don't want to miss the time that she is here. If she makes it through the next 18 months then I'll consider going back to work, but I would prefer to take the cautious approach. I can quit and get a new job but I like where I work.
Don't really know what to write tonight, I'm really really tired. I might try to set aside some time tomorrow to write a proper post...

No comments:

Post a Comment