Physio this morning.
M is our physio, a really lovely lady. She is here every two weeks. She showed us some more exercises to do, but Holly was really ratty so we only got about 10 minutes in. She just wanted to be held. She was like that all day - really fussy. Happy to fall asleep in my arms but as soon as I put her in her cot she'd be awake and crying her head off. She was constipated again today so I just know I'm going to be awake at 2:30 again this morning - just like last night - with her screaming in pain. She did some MASSIVE farts this morning, they must have been hurting her.
I mentioned it to the pead when we were there yesterday and in his usual hastened manner he prescribed drugs. All he wants to do is doll out prescriptions for this thing and the other, it drives me nuts - how about we try some more natural approaches first and see what might help before we use a drug. Anyway, needless to say, I'm not giving her the drugs. We are seeing the dietitian and the speech path together on Friday and we are going to start Holly on solids. I'd much rather wait the two days and not give her drugs. We might be able to give her mushed fruit or something which will help with her constipation, and if she is having a reaction to the milk, then she'll be having less milk, so there will (in theory) be less air in her tummy. I just think that pead is way to quick to jump. Anyway, we'll see how the week pans out.
The house went up for sale today - its on the Internet tonight - very exciting. I'm looking forward to moving, being closer to my family. I'm going to miss T. She really is such a good friend and we see each other all the time cause we live so close. I'm going to miss not having her near. She knows it, I've told her I'll miss her. But she will be going back to work next term too after her maternity leave finishes, so she'll get busy again. It was great to see the photos of the house, it looks so good!
Off to bed, very tired after my 2:30 - 5am feed this morning. Not looking forward to doing it again tonight!
No comments:
Post a Comment