Friday, 14 May 2010

Learning to eat solids...

We had a great morning this morning. We started the day at the hospital with the dietitian, the speech pathologist from the hospital (who we have seen since Holly was born) and the speech pathologist from the early intervention service we use. We got there at 8:30 this morning and we got set up. I had to give Holly a little bit of milk just to calm her down and then we got her set up in the tumble form chair. I was shown what consistency to have the formula and what type of spoon will be good for her to learn with. Then we got started - it was really exciting to me! I was so happy for her to be learning something new and to me its a real milestone! When I was talking to my sister after I was like "Woooooo Hoooooo", so happy! She didn't really like the first mouthful, played with it on her tongue, but the second one she swallowed OK, and the third one was really good. She was doing really well, but then she cracked it and we couldn't get any more into her, but that's OK, she did such a good job. The speech path from the hospital, D, was really impressed with her and the way Holly took to it straight away. I was so proud of her. We have to just slowly try to get her to increase the amount she has so that I can replace one bottle with solids, then I can try vegies and fruit. I'm hoping this will all help with her wind and constipation too - which I think more and more is her teeth coming through, she's had the brightest red cheeks today. God I love her!
So from there I went and spent a small fortune on clothes for her. I met up with T and we went to target cause they had 20% off kids clothes. I bought a whole heap of winter clothes in size 0 for her. They are all big on her at the moment, but at the rate she is growing, they'll fit her in a couple of weeks.
Since we got home I tried to feed her the farex myself, but with no where near as much success as this morning, but that's OK, we are both learning here - her and I, so it will take a bit of getting used to. And other than that I've just been flat out cleaning the house. We have our first open for inspection tomorrow. News is that there have been quite a few enquiries and I've seen about 4 or 5 drive-byes while I've been home this afternoon - all really positive stuff. Hopefully we are swamped with offers and we sell it for a fortune and we can afford to buy the house I want! Keep your fingers crossed!

2 comments:

  1. Yay for starting solids!! That's great news!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, well done to Holly with the solids - that is fantastic :)

    ReplyDelete