Thursday, 10 June 2010

Find me a wall - please

I want to bang my head against it. I'm sure I would have had more fun doing that than what I have done for most of the day.
I spent most of it with a person who I find can be quite rude and disrespectful sometimes cause you just can not get a word in. They will ask you a question, but don't even take a breath to find out the answer. They constantly talk over the top of you, arrggh, I find it really rude. I swear they must have thought I was in a bad mood today cause I just stopped talking. I just stopped trying to talk cause no matter how much I tried, I was talked over the top of anyway. Very very frustrating and very very rude.
On a much much brighter note. Holly went to hydrotherapy today. :) It was absolutely fantastic. She loved being in the water, she kicked about and had really great head control and was trying to look around. I couldn't get the smile off my face! We met the physio at the pool. It was basically just doing different sorts of physio moves in the water. It was so lovely to see her enjoying herself. She didn't cry once - well, only when she was getting changed after it. It was really great. I think we might have some photos, but I'll need to get them emailed to me so when I get them I'll post them. She looked so cute in her bathers. Its something we will definitely keep on doing. She tuckered herself out completely. She went for a full 30 minutes in the water and was asleep in my arms within about 5 minutes of us stopping. Way too cute!
We also signed our wills today. Something that had been lingering over us for a while. We just wanted to make sure that Holly was taken care of, we can't leave anything directly to her because she doesn't have the capacity to be able to administer any money or assets so we had to set up power of attorney and have any money she would get go to the power of attorney so they can look after it all for her. Just one more thing that gets complicated with a disabled child!
I have to go and cook and then feed Holly and then pack for our holiday. I am really looking forward to our holiday. Just to be a normal family - no appointments, no doctors, nothing, just us, bliss!

2 comments:

  1. The hydrotherapy sounds great! What a lovely time that must have been for you both. We definitely need photo's of Holly in her bathers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, sounds like hydrotherapy was fantastic :) Look forward to seeing the photos when they come your way. Have a fantastic holiday, you guys deserve a break.

    ReplyDelete