Today has been good!
Had mum come down and look after Holly while L took me in to town to have my eye injection. It hurts, but I'm sort of getting used to them. I don't get as nervous about them anymore. L and I then went and spent a fortune at the supermarket on groceries for Saturday night. Just as we got home and were unpacking, mum had to leave. L fed her and she had a nap before I went to my new group.
We were the first to arrive so we had a chance to talk to our vision Australia man (R), we love R, he is such a lovely generous man, so giving in nature. You can tell he is very genuine about his care and the type of person who enjoys their job. He organised this group. There are four of us at this stage, but R said there was another who might be able to come next week - I think he said that! We are all in similar situations with our children in terms of their abilities and we are all intelligent women! I know that sounds bad, but its quite pleasant to come across intelligent women. Some of people I've met in groups and at mothers groups were questionable at best. I know that is very intellectually snobby, but hey, sometimes its really hard to talk to people. There was C and her son - she was lovely, very experienced in the disability services area, her son was 4 or 5 I think, something like that. The there was J with her little girl, she was so cute. She was 2 and has had all sorts of eye problems including cataract, she had her first operation to have them removed at just 5 weeks the poor possum. And then M with her daughter who has a fair few conditions unfortunately. I just felt right at home with them all, it was lovely. No pretence, no feeling out of it, just completely normal. It was fantastic to hear of other stories similar to Holly's and talk about this intervention service and that doctor and how to go about getting this and that. Such amazing women and they will be a great resource for me in the future. I feel really lucky to have met them and considering my skepticism this morning, I was really pleasantly surprised. I guess because the other three groups I'd tried just didn't work for me its nice to have something which, I hope, will!
Holly has been in a good mood today too, what ever has been bothering her for the last few days hasn't today!
Tomorrow is the new psychologist, mother goose, signing of wills, setting up a bit more for L's party and then shopping with my lovely friend T for something to wear. I am really looking forward to my holiday!!
No comments:
Post a Comment