Holly was really grumpy again today.
It started out OK, we had the speech path come over this morning and she watched me feed Holly some chocolate custard - which she loved! Then we headed off to the seminar thing again for the physios. Today was going to be my last day if she didn't settle. So we got there and she was fine for about 2 minutes, then I put her on the floor and the screaming started. I was soo annoyed. She is totally fine in the car on the way there, she is fine getting out of the car but as soon as someone touches her, she cracks it. We went through all the possibilities, perhaps its the strange environment - so we went to a quieter room, that didn't help. We thought it might be strangers in general, but usually she is fine with people handling her. I just have absolutely no idea why she decides to crack it whenever we are there. Its getting to be such a waste of my time. I feel bad for the girls working on her. I ended up with her just on my lap and they got about 10 minutes out of her for the whole hour and a half we were there. She did manage to crack a smile once!
We left there and went straight to mum's, we were going to hang a round for a visit, but she cracked it again. Screaming. I thought she'd be hungry, but she cried and wouldn't take the bottle. In much annoyance and frustration, I gave up trying. We left mum's with the intention of heading straight to the hospital. I was beginning to think she might have gotten another urinary tract infection. On my way home I rang the paediatrician hoping for an appointment, he told me to come in. As he said, I could either wait for him for an hour or wait at the hospital for 6 hours! As I got there the people who were next were in changing their child's nappy so he called me in first. He gave her a good looking over and said he thinks its a virus that is affecting her throat. Her mouth is red up the back where her tonsils are. Its not tonsillitis, but the surrounding area is all inflamed. He said there is a bit of a spate of it at the moment, he said he's seen 12 kids within the last 2 weeks with exactly the same symptoms. Because its a virus there isn't anything we can give her, so we are just alternating between panadol and neurofen every 4-6 hours so at least she can eat. We'll see how it all settles down over the next 3 or 4 days and go back. Just to rule out the urinary tract infection, we'll have the wee test done in the morning and have the results on Wednesday. Thank God I didn't have to sit in the hospital waiting room just to hear that! And she doesn't have to stay in overnight or anything, what a relief! I'm sooo tired and not in the state of mind to be able to have her in hospital.
Anyway, alls good after a long and frustrating day. She's had a dose of neurofen and a bottle, she didn't want any solids tonight but I don't blame her if her throat is sore. She's had her bath and is asleep in L's arms on the couch - peace!
oh poor little thing. Hope she feels better soon.
ReplyDeleteNoah used to HATE physio too - it was like taking him to the torture chamber. Hang in there with it as it will help her and hopefully eventually she'll settle down and not mind doing it - it takes years though :(