I got my extra leave from work! One more year leave without pay. It came through! I don't know if I wrote about it before I left. I think I was more than a little stressed. It came with a really lovely letter from my boss saying he wishes me, L and Holly all the best for quality time together. Such a nice sentiment. I am so grateful. I will write him a note of thanks during the week. I was really surprised I got it, I was totally expecting him to say no.
We also got accepted into this seminar thing for physios. Again I'm not sure if I wrote about it before I left. While we were at hydrotherapy, M mentioned to me that there was a seminar being held with this guy coming out from America to teach physios and speech paths a technique called Bobath. This is actually the advanced course, so everyone there has already done it before. I had no idea what it was, but they were looking for babies to be demonstration babies and for the physios to do the practical aspect of their training on. I thought why not? Its not going to hurt, so I volunteered Holly. So we are starting that on Wednesday, should be very interesting.
OK, so our holiday -
Saturday I had my new bestest wonder drug in the morning! I had some Xanex to help me get on the plane. I have shocking anxiety attacks just before I board a plane usually, but I just had one of these little babies, and I was right as rain! It was so nice not to be stressed, I just wondered on without a worry in the world. I don't know if actually having Holly to help distract me was a help too though. I was a bit concerned that she was going to cry the whole way, but she was a star! We timed it for her to have a bottle while we were taking off, she slept for about 30mins through the flight and cried for about 3 minutes coming down. We got the car and drove up the coast. Arrived to my uncles at about 4:30-5ish and he had organised a bit of a welcoming party with some of my friends from up there. It was great to see everyone. We had a BBQ, a few drinks and a good chin wag for the night. All asleep by midnight cause we were so buggered. Holly didn't sleep through for the first time in ages, but we figured it was cause of the flight, so we had a bit of a later start on Sunday. We went in to Mooloolaba for lunch and a walk along the main street, went to my friends place to pick her up, dropped L and Holly off and we hit the shops for a coffee and a catch up. SO great to see her! I just love how with my friends it doesn't matter how long it is between visits or how far apart we live, we just pick up where we left off. Its like that with all my friends. I love it. To me its the sign of a true friendship. Sunday night we all went over to her house for take away dinner. Monday we went and saw Jess Watson's boat at the yaht club. Its bloody small! I have such admiration for her going around the world in it - I wouldn't have crossed Bass Straight in it let alone go around the world in it. What a brave young girl. We went up to my aunts on Monday night for a yummy home cooked dinner. Holly didn't sleep through again, so we put her in our bed, so no one slept! Tuesday we went to Steve Irwin's Australia Zoo. What a fantastic place that is. We fed Elephants some fruit when we first got there, went to the 'crocassium' and saw the show - it was really good. Then we had lunch and wandered around for a bit. The tigers were asleep which was a bit annoying, but everything else was really good. We left there mid afternoon and went and picked up the keys to our appartment. We were really looking forward to the three days there, just to relax and enjoy ourselves. This is the appartment - beach chalet
We had a relaxing night.
The picture is of Holly just sitting on the balcony. I think she was just contemplating whether she would get her wetsuit on and go for a surf!!Wendesday we got up and pottered around and made our way up the the Eumundi market. We were running late cause the market was finishing up, but we managed to get what we needed, we met up with my aunt again and had a lovely lunch at the pub.
Thursday was fantastic. I met one of the girls I had known online for years. She and her husband came up to see us. It was ace to meet her in real life after having emailed and spoken online and texted so much. We all went to the Noosa surf club for lunch. It was great, nice and relaxing. The sun finally came out while we were sitting out overloking the beach. We all got ice cream and walked up and down Hastings St. They came back to the appartment for a while and we just chatted and caught up. They left just before dinner.
Friday we packed up and dropped the keys to the appartment back, then took Holly to the beach.
It was great seeing Holly at the beach! She screamed for the first 10 minutes we were there, but settled down after that. We caught up with another friend while we were at the beach, she had come up to visit us for the day in between her uni exams. Great to see her too. That afternoon we went over to visit another dear friend of mine. It was ace to see her and her mum and her brother again. They are such warm and welcoming people, I always feel like I'm so welcome and comfortable in their home. I hadn't seen her in years and years so it was great to see her a little more one on one rather than at the gathering that had taken place on Saturday night. It was good to have a chance to have a good conversation. I was really grateful to see her brother too, he has been quite unwell with different cancers so it was great to see him looking so good.So then, Friday night was a lovely dinner back at my uncles, a quiet night and in bed early ready for the big trip home on Saturday. Again, Holly was an absolute dream child. We fed her going up and she slept through the whole trip, even the landing! She woke up as I went to get out of my seat. We had our own little welcoming committee of my mum and L's parents! Great to see everyone sitting there at the airport!
Today has just been a well deserved 'home' day. We just closed ranks and stayed in. Even though we just spent a week together, L and I really didn't get much of a chance to have one on one time because we were so busy catching up with people. We'll do it differently next time. Even though it was ace seeing everyone, we felt that we spent more time going to see them and packing up and moving, putting Holly in and out of the car, setting up the port-a-cot the whole works. Next time when we go, we'll get an appartment for the week, and if people want to see us, they can come to us, not us running around to see everyone else. So we did have a great time, but we didn't have a blob day.
More good news for L too, he is doing the Melbourne Hearts vs Everton game. He's a bit excited about that one too.
Wow, big post, but then, a week without posting. Will have more tomorrow I'm sure. L has cooked some scones for dessert so I'm off to whip some cream - yum!
No comments:
Post a Comment