Yesterday was pretty tough. I ended up going for a drive for an hour last night. I just drove aimlessly around, not going anywhere, just driving. I was going to go to my mums but I didn't want to have to explain my actions to anyone, I just wanted some alone time. The car was peaceful, no noise....aaahhh. I miss no noise! Whether Holly is around or not there is constant noise in this house, the dog or the TV or her or music or the washing machine or the dish washer, something is always making noise. I know the car makes noise, but it was different, there was a serenity about being in the car.
I had another excruciating meeting at centrelink today. It took me about 10 minutes to explain to the lady that they had given me the wrong form to fill in. They had given me the carers allowance medical form not the carers payment medical form. The lady was quite persistent that they had given me the right one until I showed her that the number of the form that I needed didn't match the number of the form I was given. I was then given an interview with another lady and I had to go through the same thing. This lady could actually see that I had, in fact, been given the wrong form and that I did, in fact, need the carers payment medical form (revelation!!!). She then went on to tell me that I could get newstart allowance if I wanted to. I said that in no way shape or form do I want to have to explain to someone why I was not looking for work that particular week. She didn't get it. I'd rather get no money from the government that have to explain to some bureaucratic halfwit why I was not looking for work. In the end, I went in asking about one form, and came away with four, but hopefully they are all the correct ones and hopefully we'll get some money. I doubt it, but hopefully.
I was talking about it today with the girls from the Vision Australia group. Of the four of us there, only one gets it. Apparently its pretty hard to get because of the means tested family income. I don't understand any of it. Anyway, the group was good again today. One of the ladies has her son in CPEC, somewhere that we've looked into sending Holly later on. Apparently its really great. I'll have to look into that a bit further.
The photo was taken yesterday while she was laying on the couch - very cute - gotta love those lips - she certainly didn't get them from me!
prue, lovely to meet you and Holly online! glad I found your blog and look forward to getting to know you and your family
ReplyDeletehehe, we know all the same people, Bron!
ReplyDelete